As your humble servant continues his sojourn in the Ukraine, we continue today with part two of our three part Israel Quiz. Good luck with today’s tougher questions, and remember, all answers will be given on Sunday.
11. The date on which the First Zionist Congress (which took place in Basel, Switzerland) opened was:
A. August 29, 1897
B. May 14, 1898
C. November 29, 1899
D. March 3, 1900
12. What % of the current population of Israel is Christian?
13. What is the circumference of the Kinneret, also known as the Sea of Galilee?
A. 13 km (8.1 mi.)
A. 21 km (13 mi.)
B. 53 km (33 mi.)
C. 76 km (47 mi.)
14. In terms of overall population, which one of these Israeli cities is NOT among the six most populated cities in the country?
C. Rishon LeZion
D. Petah Tikva
15. What % of the Israeli workforce is engaged in agriculture?
16. Who composed the lyrics of the Israeli national anthem Hatikvah?
A. Shmuel Cohen
B. Bedrich Smetana
C. Naphtali Imber
D. The text comes from the Torah
17. In order of sales, which of the following companies made the most money in 2010?
A. Teva Pharmaceuticals
B. Israel Electric Corporation
C. Intel Electronics
D. Rafael Armaments and Development
18. The first political party on the Israeli “right” was the Likud party. What was the first year that Likud was voted into power in Israel–the first year that the Israeli “left” was not in power?
19. Since the inception of the Jewish National Fund, how many trees has it been responsible for planting in Israel?
20. On what day were the Haganah, Palmach, and Irgun were consolidated under a new title, the Israel Defense Forces?
A. May 14 1947
B. May 15 1948
C. May 26 1948
D. June 1, 1949
Remember your choices. On Sunday, the correct answers will be revealed. See you tomorrow for Part 3.