87 Days Until The Election
UPDATES 7 pm Israel time, Friday, December 19 2014:
*At least three missiles have been fired at southern Israel by Hamas Palestinian terrorists in Gaza in the last 24 hours–two of which were declared false alarms, and one of which was completely unreported.
First, we had the missile fired at Beersheva yesterday which the IDF rushed to declare was a “technical malfunction” of the alarm system, but which residents heard the missile impact explosion. Then, we had the missile attack on the Eshkol region today which again was declared a false alarm until Israeli security personnel found the missile. Finally, there was an alarm at Kiryat Ekron which no one is reporting except residents of the area. All of this is discussed again below.
*Two Hamas terrorists were shot and wounded today after crossing the Gaza border fence near Kfar Aza.
*Palestinian terrorists opened fire from a moving car at a hitchhiking spot on Highway 60 today. Fortunately no Israelis were wounded, but the terrorists escaped.
—>The head of LEHAVA, Bentzi Gopstein, along with two fellow activists, has been released. They were the final 3 of the 10 Jewish activists against assimilation who were arrested by the Jerusalem Police three days ago.
At least temporarily. The Jerusalem Police announced that they are continuing their “investigation” and will go back to the Jerusalem Magistrate’s Court with new “consolidated” indictments in the coming days.
Unbelievable. If the Jerusalem Police would spend half as much time pursuing terrorists in Jerusalem as pursuing LEHAVA, our capital would be a safer place.
Let’s take all of the news about Hamas during the last 24 hours in sequence, and along the way your humble servant will interpolate his observations .
1. At 9:44 pm last night, two armed Hamas terrorists were captured after they infiltrated into southern Israel through the border fence.
Observation: As has been continually reported on israelstreet, Hamas infiltrations have remained a daily occurrence since the conclusion of the summer war with Hamas. Whole sections of the border fence remain in disrepair. Who knows how many terrorists get through? Certainly not the IDF.
2. From midnight until 6 am this morning, residents of Israeli border communities particularly in the Chof Ashkelon region reported hearing explosions and heavy machine gun fire as Hamas’ military wing, the Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, conducted an extensive “training exercise”. This came on the heels of the Hamas military parade through Gaza earlier in the week celebrating Hamas’ 27 anniversary–and two days after Hamas reported that one of its terrorists had been killed and 3 others wounded in “training” exercise near Rafah.
Observation: As has been continually reported on israelstreet, Hamas continues to prepare itself for the next war with Israel with ongoing production of new weapons, missiles, and recruitment of new terrorists. All of this is being done in full view of “international peacemakers” in Gaza and with full knowledge of the IDF.
3. This morning, Israel Army Radio reported that Hamas is using the cement and construction materials–which the IDF is allowing to be transported into Gaza for “humanitarian” Gaza reconstruction–to rebuild offensive tunnels in the direction of Israel border communities. The new term for this misuse of cement and construction materials that are supposed to be monitored is “leakage”.
Observation: As has been continually reported on israelstreet, Hamas itself has been completely open about the fact that it is not only repairing the tunnels supposedly destroyed during the summer but also is building new tunnels into Israel. The fact that Israel continues to truck concrete and construction materials into Gaza is insane.
4. At 11:46 am this morning, Hamas terrorists in Gaza fired a missile at Israeli men, women, and children in the Eshkol region. Of course, the IDF immediately declared that it was a false alarm–just as it declared that the missile fired at Beersheva yesterday was a false alarm–and just as it has declared all 18 missiles fired at Israel since the summer war were false alarms. By the way, there was another alarm this morning at Kiryat Ekron–which is right beside a large airforce base which shall remain unnamed.
However, by this afternoon, when the Eshkol missile was found (see above picture), the IDF was forced to change its tune. By the way, Israel’s Channel 2 is still calling the event a false alarm.
Observation: As has been continually reported on israelstreet, Hamas has been “testfiring” missiles into the Mediterranean Sea at the rate of about 5-10 per week–and into Israel at the rate of about 1.5 per week since August. There has been no IDF response to any of these launches underscoring the fact that Israel has absolutely no deterrent ability. Hamas fires missiles at will.
5. It was reported by Reuters early this afternoon that of the $5.4 billion dollars pledged to Gaza for rehabilitation at the Cairo conference two months ago, only one hundred million dollars (about 2%) has actually arrived in Gaza. Of course, it turned out after that conference that half of the money was actually being sent to Ramallah, not Gaza.
Observation: As was reported on israelstreet back in June, no money to pay Hamas “workers” was one of the main causes of the most recent war with Hamas. According to the United Nations, money for salaries in Gaza will run out next month.
6. Two hundred Hamas-affiliated men and women were bused out of Gaza and into Jerusalem this afternoon so that they could pray at the Temple Mount in yet another “humanitarian gesture”.
A remarkable picture of the Hamas “worshipers” this afternoon:
Once they got to the Mount, what were the Hamas men met with? A demonstration of support for Hamas on the Mount complete with Hamas flags (you might remember, dear reader, that a Jewish woman was arrested by the Jerusalem Police two days ago for having a bottle of grape juice in her purse as she attempted to go to the Temple Mount).
Another picture, this one in front of the Al-Aksa Mosque:
Observation: As israelstreet has continually observed, if anyone thinks that there is no connection between Hamas men being transported by Israel to Jerusalem to pray at the Temple Mount replete with Hamas flags waving on the Temple Mount, and Hamas building tunnels into Israel and firing missiles into Israel, that person is crazy. The more Israel gives the more danger we put ourselves in.
Israel’s next war with Hamas is closer than ever.